Washington Nationals Baseball Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Nationals Baseball Club
The HR Coordinator performs a variety of complex and confidential HR duties in support of the Human Resources Department with minimal supervision. Leads onboarding activities and assists with recruitment activities for all employees.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Input all personnel changes to include new hires, promotions, job changes, salary changes etc. into UltiPro & ABI.
· Generate basic reports from HR systems.
· Ensure data integrity by assisting with quarterly audits of ABI and UltiPro systems.
· Maintains personnel files and other HR records in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as the Nationals Document Retention Policy.
· Maintain I-9 documentation and perform yearly audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
· Ensures Labor Law posters are within both federal and state compliance
· Respond to routine Employee and Manager questions concerning regarding employee information, etc.
· Monitor and complete employment verifications.
· Coordinate HR related events and activities that will drive employee satisfaction.
· Pre-screen resumes for open positions for Hiring Manager review.
· Conduct telephone interviews and coordinate candidate interviews in support of hiring Managers.
· Conduct reference checks as needed.
· Represent the Nationals at recruiting events.
· Assist with the annual seasonal employment job fair.
· Assist with the coordination of the Intern Program.
· Ensure all documents related to employment are accurately completed by candidates and new hires.
· Administer background checks.
· Develop and conduct orientation programs for new employees.
· Ensure office/cubicle, computers, office supplies, etc. are available for employee on day 1.
· Coordinates with Manager and Security to obtain badges for new employees.
· Responsible for generating IT Access form for all new hires.
· Responsible for generating IT Termination and various Termination forms for departing employees
· Unemployment Cases – respond to Separation Requests. Notify HR Manager or HR VP of any discrepancies in order to formulate appropriate responses.
· Opens, screens and distributes mail, faxes, shipments, and prepares outgoing mail, faxes, shipments, etc. including special handling requirements such as overnight delivery.
· Updates website’s Front Office Directory and org chart on a weekly basis.
· Supports HR department on all administrative duties as needed and/or other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Four year college degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field of study.
· Minimum of 3 years human resources experience.
· Experience providing full-cycle recruitment support preferred.
· UltiPro/ABI experience preferred.
· Team and/or sports experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
· Knowledge of all Federal employment, EEO, and Affirmative Action requirements.
· Experience with recruitment techniques and HR applicant tracking systems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to quickly adapt and flex according to business and customer needs.
· Ability to recognize root cause of issues and to proactively develop solutions.
· Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
· Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
· Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and HRIS systems such as UltiPro and ABI.
· Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
· Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
· Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.