Washington Nationals Baseball Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MANAGER, EVENT SALES
at Washington Nationals Baseball Club
Ballpark Enterprises is a business venture established to develop new, revenue-generating opportunities for the Nationals and, particularly, dedicated to the use of Nationals Park as a premiere event venue. Reporting to the Senior Director of Ballpark Enterprises, the Manager, Event Sales is responsible for account development and management to drive non-game day event sales. In addition, this position will work in conjunction with the department to create and sell new business ventures for the Washington Nationals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attain individual and department sales goals.
- Developing accounts for the generation of non-game day event revenue.
- Create and present client proposals including financials and event concepts.
- Maintain an active account list by continually prospecting and developing new accounts.
- Design, prepare, and present non-game day event presentations for targeted accounts.
- Regularly call on clients and customers to build relationships, prospect, and finalize deals.
- Coordinate and execute sales calls on any and all potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers.
- Identify opportunities to up-sell current clients.
- Submit prompt accurate reports and maintains up-to-date, accurate account records.
- Use sales tools such as CRM and Ungerboeck to support sales efforts and maintain accurate event profit & loss statements.
- Develop new industry relationships by attending/staffing numerous networking, marketing, and community events.
- Conduct sales related activities in the field and the office as assigned.
- Assist the Senior Director in developing full ballpark events and in planning for new business ventures to market and exploit the Nationals brand and other revenue-generating uses of the ballpark.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Actively collaborate with the Corporate Partnerships, Suites, and Ticket Sales departments to develop cross-selling opportunities.
- Be on-site for all events sold by the Sales Manager and other events as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the department to produce large-scale, full park events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of sales or related experience in the hospitality industry managing accounts and developing new business. Event sales experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Knowledge of and experience working in the DC area event production, catering and/or restaurant /hotel industry.
- Specific experience in drafting and presenting event proposals, review and negotiation of event budgets; contractor and vendor sourcing; staff recruitment and management; and new client development.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research, financial projections, and preliminary negotiations of revenue earning opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the coordination of a wide variety of public and private events.
- Strong communicator with the ability to create, organize and prioritize projects in an entrepreneurial, team-based environment.
- Ability to take initiative, remain highly organized and meticulous with detail, and demonstrate strong multi-tasking capability.
- Exemplary writing skills, along with outstanding communications and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as ability to make decisions and solve problems as an individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- Frequent evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Internet communications technologies, (e-mail, Web, blogs, etc.) and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). A basic knowledge of graphic design is a plus.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.