Washington Nationals Baseball Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Nationals Baseball Club
The Retail Sales Associate delivers an exceptional fan experience at Nationals Park by achieving goals related to sales, customer service, inventory maintenance, merchandising and loss prevention.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sell merchandise to fans and customers utilizing Point of Sale (POS) registers.
- Adhere to strict cash management and handling policies and procedures.
- Achieve sales productivity and incentive goals.
- Provide outstanding Guest Experiences customer service.
- Accurately check-in and process new merchandise. (count, hang, ticket, organize, etc.)
- Merchandise products in a professional and organized manner.
- Process markdowns and ticket products as directed.
- Accurately sign and identify products being displayed and sold.
- Participate in physical inventories and periodic cycle counts.
- Accurately account for documents and various media in an organized manner.
- Maintain daily detailed communications with team leader.
- Execute internal product transfers as directed.
- Accurately maintain retail supply and signage inventories.
- Organize and preserve retail fixture inventories.
- Participate in set-up and tear-down of fixtures and stands for events and games.
- Maintain a clean and organized selling location.
- Provide assistance and training for other team members when needed.
- Assist the Stand Supervisors or General Manager with coordination and execution of special projects as directed.
- Assure protection of company assets while adhering to corporate retail loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience
- At least two years of retail sales experience. Preferred in a sports and entertainment concession environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work 80% of the game days and events at Nationals Park during the season.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic is a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and/or experience including but not limited to retail point of sale registers.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based upon business needs.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
We will be hiring for this position at Nationals Park on February 14th from 10 AM to 2 PM. You are welcome to arrive at any point within that timeframe. Please enter through the Left Field Gate on the South Capitol St side of the ballpark. To receive more information via email, please click 'Apply Now' and submit your contact information.