Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NAEP 2021 - Assessment Administrator
at Westat, inc.
NAEP 2021 - Assessment Administrator
We are seeking motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and are experienced in working with primary and secondary school students to work as Assessment Administrators (AAs) for the 2021 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP). AAs will conduct assessment sessions using tablets in participating schools. In addition to conducting the assessments, AAs also assist with other assessment-related activities and work with their Assessment Coordinator (AC) to prepare for the assessments. This opportunity is ideal for retired educators, and others who are comfortable working with children.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. Based on recommendations from the CDC and other public health authorities, we require staff protect and monitor their health while working on their assignment, which may include the use of personal protective equipment, regular testing for COVID-19, or other screening activities.
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be available to conduct a computer readiness check in December 2020, prior to online training in January 2021; and
- Be available to complete online training and a one- to two-day, in-person meeting in January 2021.
In-person training dates and the requirement to attend in-person training may be adjusted and are contingent on COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- Be available to work for the specified data collection period of January 25 through March 5, 2021;
- Be available to work up to 20-30 hours per week, when work is available;
- Successfully complete all training requirements;
- Be available to travel locally to and from schools. Some overnight travel assignments are available. Employees needing to travel for project work or training must ensure that they have proper documentation that meets the REAL ID requirements;
- Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations, which include lifting and carrying study materials weighing up to 20 pounds, climbing a flight of stairs while carrying equipment/materials, and being able to move around the assessment room in order to monitor assessment activities and respond to student questions.
- Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
- Have access to a computer to complete training modules on the internet over several consecutive hours, including the ability to access audio files either through speakers or a headset;
- Have access to a unique, personal email address that is not shared with another person;
- Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle;
- Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension; and
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have strong communication skills;
- Have the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English;
- Have strong interpersonal skills;
- Have basic computer proficiency, particularly in accessing the internet and using e-mail, MS Word, and Excel;
- Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented; and
- Be flexible in working assigned tasks;
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, motor vehicle driving record history, and criminal or sexual offender records history.
This is a part-time nonexempt position not initially eligible for health insurance. Pay rates are based on base pay, experience, and geographical location. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
DC - Washington