World Wildlife Fund
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19066- Manager, Food Loss & Waste Program
at World Wildlife Fund
- # of Openings
World Wildlife Fund, one of the world's largest conservation organizations, seeks a Manager, Food Loss and Waste Program. The Food Waste Retail Manager will lead work efforts within grocery retail, food service retail industries and individual companies to set science based and data driven goals, focused on preventing food waste and increasing food recovery efforts. The position will work directly with the current Food Waste Program Director and Program Manager and will oversee all domestic partnership efforts within the food retailing and food service industry. This position will support the data collection and analysis efforts from pilot interventions with private & public-sector partners that attempt to find food waste prevention best practices. The position will be based on the West Coast of the US, preferably in Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, or Los Angeles.
- Lead retail and food service programmatic work streams for WWF-US domestic Food Loss and Waste (FLW) projects;
- Organize and coordinate data collection through FLW demonstration projects with business merchandising teams (retail) and with culinary and operation teams within food service (restaurants);
- Provide technical assistance to businesses on FLW reduction and support the Pacific Coast Collaborative (PCC) and their goal to reduce food waste on the West Coast 50% by 2030;
- Organize regional workshops and convenings in collaboration with city and state government leads;
- Coordinate and manage the work of regional consultants and educators supporting food waste reduction projects;
- Analyze data from multiple sources including food costs, sales data (POS), waste disposal composting, anaerobic digestion, and weights & measures from food waste pilot programs;
- Create retail and food service analytics and reports for the Food Waste team and provide insights and analysis;
- Help lead staff with data entry, analysis, data visualization and management (Excel MS, Tableau, Power Bi);
- Create presentations and synthesize results for multiple audiences including internal WWF senior leadership, project teams and external stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience as defined below
- Proven experience leading teams and managing large multi-stakeholder projects as a project manager;
- Must have strong experience working in food retailing management (grocery retail). Experience in merchandising and/or restaurant food service also preferred.
- Must have strong proficiency in leading data analysis projects using MS Excel, data management best practices, and data visualization tools;
- Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work productively on independent research, data collection and analysis assignments and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the environmental impacts of food waste and the World Resources Institute’s reporting protocols and standards, specifically the Food Loss and Waste Standard strongly preferred;
- Strong research, statistical, analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail are obligatory;
- Experience with Green House Gas (GHG) accounting methodology and/or reporting preferred;
- Tableau or equivalent experience preferred;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job# 19066, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.