Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
# of openings:
WorldStrides is the only travel school accredited by all regions in the United States. We are seeking educational tour leaders (Course Leaders) to work with school groups in fifth through twelfth grades in select regions. We seek individuals who love to teach and who demonstrate a commitment to working with students in the worldwide classroom. Explore our programs in more depth on our website at www.worldstrides.com.
- College and/or advanced degree preferred
- Background in Education, Travel, U.S. History, Social Studies or Science
- Historical and logistical knowledge of assigned region
- Prefer applicants live within the region where they will work
- Availability/flexibility of schedule during the spring season
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes to provide the best experience possible
- Attendance at annual education seminars and participation in ride-along orientation trips
- Possession of current Tour Guide License in cities where a license is required
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking and problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; specifically, engaging groups and relaying information in a clear and interesting manner
- Experience with and passion for working with students
- Fun, energetic, and customer service-oriented
- Physically capable of walking several miles a day; ability to move quickly and remain on feet most of the day
Benefits of WorldStrides Discovery Programs:
- Educationally-focused trips
- Ideal for people who love to teach, but do not want to be constrained by a classroom
- Support offered through 24-hour Tour Central office with 24-hour emergency number for assistance
- Coordination and security assistance provided at each hotel
- Innovative professional development, training methods and materials
- Detailed and customized itinerary provided for each group
- Company has over 50 years of experience in planning programs that work
- Competitive compensation packages with a discretionary bonus award system
Please read the following carefully before completing and submitting the application below:
Our business is season-specific. We hire only people who are available March through June or some significant portion of that time. Our programs are fast-paced and require several miles of walking each day in all types of weather while talking and managing groups of up to 55 people. We are an accredited travel school and the majority of our travelers are 8th-graders. Our Course Leaders must be able to engage students in interactive learning. As a school, we require an FBI background check and TB test as a condition of employment. We will forward all necessary paperwork in our employment packet should we decide to pursue your application.
Attach a current photo or a resume that includes a photo when you submit your application.
Washington, DC, is the only city for which we occasionally provide placement. In general, WorldStrides DOES NOT PROVIDE PLACEMENT for Course Leaders who live outside the city where they lead tours.